July 31, 2015 — An action-packed weekend of activities await Indianapolis Indians fans as the Tribe hosts the Charlotte Knights (Chicago White Sox) starting July 31 for a three-game Victory Field home stand.
Friday, July 31, 7:15 p.m.
- Special Parking Information: Multiple events will occur near Victory Field that may create traffic congestion: Gen Con inside the Indiana Convention Center, and the One Direction concert at Lucas Oil Stadium. To help ensure a smooth and safe arrival at Victory Field click here for suggested parking options specific to Friday night. We recommend fans plan ahead and arrive downtown earlier than normal.
- Stick around following the game for Friday Fireworks presented by Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance and ALDI.
Saturday, Aug. 1, 7:05 p.m.
- Stand Up To Cancer Night presented by Fifth Third Bank: Fifth Third will donate $100 to SU2C for every strikeout recorded by an Indians pitcher during the game. Fifth Third will also donate $1 for every photo or social media post using the hashtag #howifight. The game also will feature several SU2C giveaways for fans as well as a green screen photo booth and other interactive elements.
- Signature Saturday presented by AT&T: “It giggles at you as it goes by,” described Phil Niekro’s knuckleball. Meet
this MLB Hall of Fame pitcher on Saturday. Indians hitting coach Butch Wynegar, who caught Niekro’s 300th career win, will catch the game’s ceremonial first pitch Read 10 things to know about Niekro, some with the help of his former catcher in the latest edition of Tribe Talk. The first 500 fans to get in the autograph line are assured to receive a Niekro autograph.
- AT&T also presents Bucket Ruckus, the electric entertainment group that will promise to have the ballpark rocking with high-energy fun throughout the entire game.
Sunday, Aug. 2, 1:35 p.m.
- Kids’ lunch is on the Indians with Kids Eat Free Sunday, presented by Meijer and RTV6. Sunday’s game will also broadcast on RTV6. Remember, Knot Hole Kids Club members get to run the bases immediately following Sunday home games. #supercute
ON-FIELD NOTES & HIGHLIGHTS
- The Indianapolis Indians enter play on Friday, July 31 with a 60-46 record – second-best in the 14-team International League (Norfolk). The Tribe holds a 1.0 game lead over Columbus (59-47) in the International League West Division. Friday opens a three-game home stand after splitting a four-game series at Columbus, July 27-30.
- On Saturday, Aug. 1, the consensus top prospect in the Pittsburgh Pirates system, Tyler Glasnow (GLASS-now), is scheduled to make his highly-anticipated Triple-A debut for the Indians. The right-hander, 21, who stands 6-8, was drafted by Pittsburgh in 2011 and was its Minor League Pitcher of the Year in 2013 and 2014, MiLB.com and the Florida State League’s Pitcher of the Year in 2014, and has been selected to three Minor League All-Star teams. At the start of this season,Baseball America ranked Glasnow’s fastball as the best among all Pittsburgh Minor Leaguers. He has 453 strikeouts in 73 appearances as a pro.
- As of the start of play today, the Tribe has 18 remaining regular-season home games and 19 remaining road games.
- Click here to review Indianapolis game notes throughout the season.
Thank you for your ongoing support of Indianapolis Indians baseball!